The City of Smyrna Recycling Education Center is managed by the City of Smyrna and supported by Keep Smyrna Beautiful. The center serves as a drop-off station for those who don’t have curbside pick-up or have items that are not accepted by their curbside pick-up.
Keep Smyrna Beautiful is dedicated to reducing the amount of recyclable items that end up in the landfill. To ensure our success, we ask for your assistance in following our guidelines and only bring in items that are mentioned on our acceptable item list and review our unacceptable item list. If the material/item you wish to recycle is not listed, please contact the recycling center. No appointments are necessary to drop off recycling.
- Rinse out cans, bottles, and jars
- Flatten all cardboard
- Only recycle paper products that are free from food contamination
- Take the tops off plastic containers and glass jars
- Put recyclables in the correct bin
- Aerosol cans must be completely empty
Hefty® Energy Bag® Program
Want to recycle even more plastic? The Hefty® EnergyBag® program is a groundbreaking initiative, led by Dow and Reynolds Consumer Products, that collects previously hard-to-recycle plastics converts them into valuable resources. Currently, bags are collected through participating curbside recycling haulers including the City of Smyrna. Starting June 5th, the Smyrna Recycling Center will be collecting Hefty® Energy Bag® for recycling. Pick up a free Hefty® Energy Bag® Program starter kit at the recycling center that includes four free bags. Additional bags can be purchased at Kroger stores. Only Hefty® EnergyBag®s are able to be used in participation of this program, other types of bags are not accepted.
Materials Accepted in the Hefty® EnergyBag®:
- Plastic wraps & bags: food wrap bags, food storage bags, grocery bags
- Plastic dinnerware: plates, cups, straws, stirrers, and utensils
- Foam products: cups, plates, to-go containers, packing peanuts
- Plastic packaging- no foil lining: see-through chip bags, snack food bags, plastic pet food bags, shredded cheese packages, see-through candy wrappers, pudding cups, yogurt tubs, box liners from cereal and cakes.
For more information about the program, click here.
Current Operating Hours
- Sunday- Closed
For Additional Information and Questions: Contact the Recycling Center at (770)431-2869.