Community Cleanups are a litter reduction program established by Keep Smyrna Beautiful in 2020. They are targeted cleanups along roadways and other areas in Smyrna that are designed to combat and reduce litter. Cleanups take place 2-3 times each month on different days and different times for an hour and a half in order to allow community members with a variety of schedules to be able to attend and lend a hand.
While these cleanups are similar to our Adopt-a-Mile program, these cleanups are more frequent, are suitable for individuals, and require less long-term commitment from volunteers. We provide all the necessary supplies and training for volunteers.
2021 Community Cleanup Dates
- Tuesday, March 16th, 5:00pm-6:30pm
- Saturday, March 20th, 8:00am-9:30am
- Friday, March 26th, 12:00pm-1:30pm
- Monday, April 5th, 10:00am-11:30am
- Wednesday, April 14th, 5:00pm-6:30pm
- Saturday, April 24th, 8:30am-10:00am
- Wednesday, April 28th, 12:00pm-1:30pm
- Thursday, May 6th, 5:30pm-7:00pm
- Saturday, May 15th, 9:00am-1:30pm
- Tuesday, May 18th, 12:00pm-1:30pm
- Friday, May 21st, 9:00am-10:30am
- Friday, June 4th, 9:00am-10:30am
- Wednesday, June 9th, 6:00pm-7:30pm
- Monday, June 14th, 9:00am-10:30am
- Saturday, June 19th, 9:00am-10:30am
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
Currently, all volunteers who participate in this activity and required to wear masks. The number of participants is kept to a maximum of 5 volunteers with KSB staff on-site to supervise.
How to Get Involved
In order to participate in one of our upcoming cleanups, head to our Volunteer page and fill out our volunteer application.